31 N Virginia Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
- Crystal Lake Community High School, Crystal Lake, IL (1964) Honor Society.
- B.A. from DePauw University, Greencastle, IN (1968) Rector Scholar
- M.D.from Loyola University/ Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood IL (1972)
- Pediatric Internship at Children’s Memorial Hospital of the Northwestern University Medical Center, Chicago IL (1972-1973)
- Pediatric Residency at Rush-Presbyterian-St.Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, IL (1973-1975)
- Private practice of General Pediatrics (1975-1987).
- Private practice of Pediatric and Adult Allergy, Environmental Medicine, Functional Medicine, Clinical Endocrinology, and Integrated Healthcare (1975 through present).
- Many hundreds of hours of post-graduate work in all of these fields
- M.D.: State of Illinois
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners (1973).
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics (1977).
- Diplomate, American Board of Environmental Medicine (1988).
- Attending Physician, Centegra/ Northern Illinois Medical Center, Department of Medical Services, McHenry, IL (1975-2008 ).
- Courtesy Staff, Centegra/ Northern Illinois Medical Center, Department of Medical Services, McHenry, IL (2008-)
- Affiliate Pediatrician: Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois (1975 - 2005).
Centegra/ Northern Illinois Medical Center, McHenry, IL:
- Vice Chairman, Dept. Of Pediatrics (1984 & 1985)
- Chairman, Department of Pediatrics (1986 & 1987)
American Academy of Environmental Medicine:
- Board of Directors (1985-2009)
- Membership Committee (1984-1988)
- Paramedical Committee (1984-1988)
- Public Education Committee (1987- )
- Position Paper Committee (1988- )
- Practice Standards Committee (1989- )
- President-Elect (1989-1990)
- President (1990-1991)
- Director, Annual Advanced Scientific Meeting (1991-2001)
- Chairman, Continuing Medical Education Committee (1993-2001)
- Senior Adviser to the CME Committee (2001- )
American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology:
- Committee on Allergies in The School Setting (1983-1986)
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (1977- )
- Fellow, American Academy of Environmental and Integrated Medicine(1981- )
- Member, American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology(1981- 2005 )
- Member, Pan-American Allergy Society (1981- 2005 )
- American Academy of Environmental Medicine (1975- )
- Illinois State Medical Society (1975- )
- McHenry County Medical Society (1975- )
Meet Lorie R. Wendt, A.P.N.
- Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) (1989-2009)
- Adult Nurse Practitioner, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (2010)
- Adult Nurse Practitioner American Nurses Credentialing Center (2010)
- First Line Therapy Certification April 2009
- 30 years experience in nursing.
- Completed Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP) (2010)
- Many hours post-graduate education in bio-identical hormones, thyroid, adrenal, and bone health. Attended AAEM’s “The New Endocrinology” ( 2010).
- Prior to 2009, the majority of past experience was in intensive care, cardiac intensive care, medical intensive care, and cardiac surgical intensive care.
- She was a staff educator and clinical supervisor before becoming a nurse practitioner.
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses 1989-2010
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 2009-present
- Illinois Society for Advance Practice Nursing 2010- present